The ladies at the July Technique Class loved the playful kittens in this card we made. The kittens remind me a beautiful little cat we had when I was growing up. Snowball was perfectly white and had the softest long hair and a super sweet pink nose. I coloured the images in on my cats to include pink noses just because of Snowball. It’s funny how childhood memories flood back with a cute image of a playful kitten!! I love how stamping with friends (new and not-so-new) lets us share our lives while we stamp, use the Big Shot or even during a few minutes of fussy cutting.
Here is what we made:
And here is how we made it:
- Chocolate Chip card stock 4.25″ x 11″, scored at 5.5″ and folded
- Light-coloured sheet of Wood Textures DSP stack, cut down to 4″ x 5.25″ and glued to the card base using snail adhesive
- 3 or more kittens stamped on Whisper White card stock with Early Espresso ink and cut out using paper snips.
- punch 2 circles with the 0.75″ circle punch
- choose a contrasting sheet from the Wood Textures DSP and cut out one crate (without the bottom piece as it will not be used) and at the same time, cut the little tag shape from the same thinlit set using a leftover scrap of the lighter DSP.
- use a scrap from the crate DSP and hand cut a handle (see picture).
- stamp the “for you” greeting onto the tag shape and tie the tag to the top slat of the “wagon” using the old olive sheer 1/8″ ribbon. Add a dimensional underneath the tag if you prefer that the tag not move.
- add a dimensional to the back of each black circle, near the bottom edge and a little bit of snail adhesive to the top of the circle and adhere as in the picture.
- Add kittens to “wagon” with snail adhesive and use mini dimensionals to adhere the kitten just outside the back of the “wagon”.
If you’d like to make this card, click on any of the products below to shop with me. I’d love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator if you live in Canada.
In the class, the participants also made a folding insert for the inside so that when opening the card, the recipient sees the crate move back and forth. Those instructions were provided for class participants and are part of the perks of stamping with me or making a purchase with the monthly Hostess Code (before August 1: MWYQMANU) or by being part of my group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators, Ink and Sparkle Design Team.
Today is the last day for 2 promotions:
- Bonus Days end tonight; for every $60 Cdn you spend on merchandise, Stampin’ Up! gives you a $5 coupon to use during the month of August. Click on the “Shop with Me” icon on the right side of my blog to connect directly with me website shopping and don’t forget to use this month’s Hostess code as you get perks on top of what Stampin’ Up! is offering each month.
- Christmas in July ends tonight too; Receive $94 Cdn in free items (2 acrylic blocks to stamp, a snail adhesive, a bone folder, a full pad of grid paper, paper snips and the Carols of Christmas stamp set from the upcoming Holiday catalogue, set for release September 1st. All of this is part of the Starter Kit when you choose up to $165 of Stampin’ Up! merchandise for a cost of only $135 plus GST in Alberta (no shipping). What a deal!
Join us in person, shop for supplies or join the Ink and Sparkle Design team–you’ll love it!
Be blessed and let’s get Stampin!