Isn’t it exciting to see all the amazing creativity throughout this Blog Hop? I’m sure you have many favourites and so many projects in mind, each competing to be the first project you’ll make. I had this card in mind as soon as I saw the Christmas in the Making stamp set — it’s retro enough to be nostalgic and trendy enough to be oh so fun!! I chose a combination of inks that I had used in a class recently and love how Peekaboo Peach goes with Bermuda Bay — so fresh. Instead of the Christmas ball in this pretty lady’s hand, I chose to fussy-cut by hand one of the presents in another image of this set and pop it up on a dimensional. A little bit of bling with a few rhinestones on the dress and the present finished things off — ’cause a girl always has to have a little bling, doesn’t she!!
Enjoy the rest of the Blog Hop and thanks so much for stopping by.
The next stop on the blog hop is the wonderful Janet Wakeland and if the link above doesn’t work, PLEASE click here: https://remarkablycreated.com/2017/09/stampin-blog-hop-anything-holidays-holiday-products/
I WOULD LOVE TO BE YOUR STAMPIN’ UP! DEMONSTRATOR
If you live in Canada and need a demonstrator, you are welcome
to order your supplies in my online store here.
I can’t believe summer holidays will be over in just a few days. We’ve taken a camping holiday visiting our newly-retired friends in the Okanagan area of British Columbia and otherwise been home for most of July and August. On our way back from BC, we stopped in Vernon to pick up fresh peaches and I’ve canned, jammed, frozen and made pie filling galore–so much delicious fun. In our household, school supplies and back to school clothes are bought and ready to go–I’m not sure we’re all ready for the jam-packed routine again but here we go! It’s grade 12 for our son and high school football season is upon us–practises and games and lots of cheering–I’m so excited to experience this last year in high school as we cheer on our favourite Defensive Back–go Tigers!
While we were away, I didn’t have much Stampin’ time as we attended a jazz music night, visited several Kelowna BC wineries and spent time with friends we don’t often get to see these days.
This Labour Day long weekend, we’re home for the most part so my To-Do list has scheduling as a priority — the classes are planned and now it’s time to schedule dates and get the information out! Watch for some new activities this fall including Stampin’ Bingo and my BOGO retired product sale.
I WOULD LOVE TO BE YOUR STAMPIN’ UP! DEMONSTRATOR
If you live in Canada and need a demonstrator, you can order your supplies in my online store using the Shop with Me tab!
The ladies at the July Technique Class loved the playful kittens in this card we made. The kittens remind me a beautiful little cat we had when I was growing up. Snowball was perfectly white and had the softest long hair and a super sweet pink nose. I coloured the images in on my cats to include pink noses just because of Snowball. It’s funny how childhood memories flood back with a cute image of a playful kitten!! I love how stamping with friends (new and not-so-new) lets us share our lives while we stamp, use the Big Shot or even during a few minutes of fussy cutting.
Here is what we made:
And here is how we made it:
- Chocolate Chip card stock 4.25″ x 11″, scored at 5.5″ and folded
- Light-coloured sheet of Wood Textures DSP stack, cut down to 4″ x 5.25″ and glued to the card base using snail adhesive
- 3 or more kittens stamped on Whisper White card stock with Early Espresso ink and cut out using paper snips.
- punch 2 circles with the 0.75″ circle punch
- choose a contrasting sheet from the Wood Textures DSP and cut out one crate (without the bottom piece as it will not be used) and at the same time, cut the little tag shape from the same thinlit set using a leftover scrap of the lighter DSP.
- use a scrap from the crate DSP and hand cut a handle (see picture).
- stamp the “for you” greeting onto the tag shape and tie the tag to the top slat of the “wagon” using the old olive sheer 1/8″ ribbon. Add a dimensional underneath the tag if you prefer that the tag not move.
- add a dimensional to the back of each black circle, near the bottom edge and a little bit of snail adhesive to the top of the circle and adhere as in the picture.
- Add kittens to “wagon” with snail adhesive and use mini dimensionals to adhere the kitten just outside the back of the “wagon”.
If you’d like to make this card, click on any of the products below to shop with me. I’d love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator if you live in Canada.
In the class, the participants also made a folding insert for the inside so that when opening the card, the recipient sees the crate move back and forth. Those instructions were provided for class participants and are part of the perks of stamping with me or making a purchase with the monthly Hostess Code (before August 1: MWYQMANU) or by being part of my group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators, Ink and Sparkle Design Team.
Today is the last day for 2 promotions:
- Bonus Days end tonight; for every $60 Cdn you spend on merchandise, Stampin’ Up! gives you a $5 coupon to use during the month of August. Click on the “Shop with Me” icon on the right side of my blog to connect directly with me website shopping and don’t forget to use this month’s Hostess code as you get perks on top of what Stampin’ Up! is offering each month.
- Christmas in July ends tonight too; Receive $94 Cdn in free items (2 acrylic blocks to stamp, a snail adhesive, a bone folder, a full pad of grid paper, paper snips and the Carols of Christmas stamp set from the upcoming Holiday catalogue, set for release September 1st. All of this is part of the Starter Kit when you choose up to $165 of Stampin’ Up! merchandise for a cost of only $135 plus GST in Alberta (no shipping). What a deal!
Join us in person, shop for supplies or join the Ink and Sparkle Design team–you’ll love it!
Be blessed and let’s get Stampin!
Hi Stampin’ Friends,
There’s just one more day to take advantage of two (not just one!) great promo’s with Stampin’ Up! If you’ve been thinking about the Starter Kit ’cause:
- you’ve seen what I do and know you can do it too! (classes are fun and I’ve met some of the most amazing people while offering paper crafting classes)
- you have so much on your wish list that you’d like to find some way to get the 20% discount (be your own best customer and purchase your products for less)
- you know someone who’d love these great products and you’re a fantastically generous gift-giver and you’ll buy the Starter Kit for them!
- you’d like to make some extra money to ease the family budget or make it possible to stretch the budget to include things like music lessons, travel or much more for your family
- you’d like to connect with an uplifting and encourage community of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators
- the Stampin’ Up! company is excellent and you’d like to be part of that excellence!
There are as many reasons to join Stampin’ Up! as there are demonstrators and that’s a lot but right now there’s the best reason of all to join before July 31:
These are all the free items included in your Starter Kit in addition to the completely customized products you can choose from the current Annual Catalogue up to and including $165 but you only pay $135 (no shipping on top of that). Is there a catch? Well, actually, there is…..you need to act now, before the end of the day tomorrow, July 31st. That’s an absolutely great deal!
Click here to Join the Fun Now!
Hi Stampin’ Friends and Merry Christmas to each one of you!
Demonstrators have been able to pre-order this beautiful stamp set and coordinating thinlits since July 1st and it’s time to showcase the beautiful images and the awesome creativity in the Stampin’ Up! demonstrator community.
Customers can Join the Fun by purchasing the Starter Kit and receive the Carols of Christmas stamp set absolutely FREE until July 31st! On August 1st, the bundle and individual products are available to customers as an advance pre-order to the Holiday Catalogue, set to go live September 1st.
I chose to challenge myself with alternative Christmas colours and to use a non-Christmas Designer Series Paper. My goal was a soft-toned & sparkly card showcasing the stamp set with other items in the Annual Catalogue. Don’t you love it when you find your brand new Stampin’ Up! items coordinate with things you already have? Buy the stamp set now and you’ll start crafting trendy projects even before you get the Holiday Catalogue in the your hands.
This is a Double Z 4-1/4″ square card: I inked the “Deck” part of the word stamp in Powder Pink Classic Ink and used a sponge dauber to add a smidge of Berry Burst Classic Ink to the edge of the letters. The rest of the word image is completely “daubered” (is that a real word? It should be if it isn’t!) with the Berry Burst ink. The teeny tiny ornaments below are so easy to pop up on the brand new Mini Dimensionals–so cool! You NEED these in your crafting supplies NOW!
I hope you enjoy my very 1st post to a Blog Hop and the oh-so-creative community of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators.
Be Blessed and get Stampin’.
Click on the blue frog icon below and select #25 in the list to advance on to see Betty Bickford’s project (createjoygivejoy.com). Enjoy!!
I recently came across a lovely little purse but was looking for something a little bigger than the original 2″ square size (by the oh so very talented Julie DeMatteo of thepaperpixie.com). A quick adjustment to the measurements and wow, a new 3-D project! I’m so glad to have a new project to surprise and spoil my downline and ordering customers this month. Many fun gifts will fit inside the 4″ square bottom including a full spool of ribbon with even more room for chocolate or a yummy treat of your choice. Place a minimum $30 order with me this month online (you must use hostess code: MWYQMANU) or order in person or by email with me directly and my modified instructions are yours by email. Just be sure that your online profile with Stampin’ Up! includes your current email address when you click on individual pictures below or–click here to order! Order a minimum of $30 Canadian (before shipping and GST) at one of my in-person classes this month and one of these little gems is yours with a special little surprise inside.